Work With Us
We make safety make sense
Why Health and Safety
As a business professional…
You want your workforce to go home safe at the end of each day.
You want to minimise the cost to the business of insurance claims, work related ill health, accidents and criminal prosecutions.
You want to project a high quality image through external accreditation.
You want a sensible and proportionate approach to managing the risk to your business.
Together we can achieve what you want.
Who we work with
DMA works with businesses who care passionately about the product or service they deliver and want the reassurance that they are making the best safety decisions to protect and develop their business.
Some of these passionate businesses are in construction, coastal enforcement, hospitality, manufacturing, nuclear supply chain, and professional services.
A large engineering contractor, undertaking a high hazard project on a nuclear licensed site in West Cumbria, needed safety practitioner support.
We delivered this support as an independent advisor.
The company identified many benefits to the project from our involvement, including: –
- A dedicated, professional resource available at the workface
- The safety provision was tailored to satisfy the end clients’ requirements
- Industry best practice and technical specialism was at the heart of the project team
- A rapid and positive response to incidents, queries, investigations and Learning From Experience
- Proactive measures aided incident prevention throughout the project
- Health and safety documentation was produced and regularly updated for the project
- Regular safety briefings were given, influencing the safety of behaviours seen in the team
- Rigorous, regular inspections, taking a coaching approach to drive standards
A Plant Hire company in Cumbria needed external checking support for their accreditations.
We undertake scheduled inspections and provide ad-hoc advice and guidance.
This has helped the company to:
- Demonstrate H&S compliance
- Demonstrate access to competent advice
- Identify areas for improvement within the business
- Make business and health and safety improvements year on year
A small government agency, based in North-West England, wanted to ensure legislative compliance and the safety of their teams.
To help them we:
- Reviewed safety arrangements
- Developed an improvement plan together
- Regularly review the plan and assist in its implementation
- Do regular visits for high risk activities
The benefits include:
- A risk based approach to their health and safety priorities
- Strategic direction in making improvements
- Specialist advice and guidance on hand when needed
- Support that understands their business and organisational drivers
An Architect’s practice in Cumbria needed help with their role under new construction legislation (CDM 2015).
We developed new processes and procedures, trained the architects and support staff on the regulations, and now provide specialist input on their more complex projects.
This has helped the practice to:
- Understand new legislation
- Translate that legislation into pragmatic working practices
- Support their clients in fulfilling duties under CDM
- Have H&S support to supplement their in-house expertise
“We were thoroughly impressed with her knowledge and her understanding of our business. Elsa presented and explained exactly what we needed in the right proportions; without industry jargon.
We were so impressed, we commissioned DMA to review and update our company CDM practice manual, and our CDM working documents for managing our projects.
We continue to use DMA on a regular basis to review our CDM requirements on specific projects.
We have been, and remain extremely grateful for Elsa Mason’s timely and prompt guidance, in this important aspect of our industry.”
Working in health and safety consultancy over the last 15 years, Elsa has improved health and safety in a wide range of businesses and industries. Some of these have been short term projects, whilst others have been long term involvement, providing support and direction to deliver health and safety improvements.
Her thoughtful and thorough approach leads to business solutions whose benefits are visible throughout the organisation
Want to see how health and safety in your business measures up?
Download your free health check now!
Congratulations! Your checklist will be with you shortly
We make safety make sense